Bright and inviting
This 1960’s home served the needs of a busy family for many years. Now, with grandchildren in the mix, and schedules slowing down, the homeowners took stock of their space, evolving lifestyle, and future needs. They decided it was time to make a change. Gone was the choppy floorplan, replaced with a new layout that provided better flow and bright, airy rooms. A fully remodeled master bath and guest bathroom were part of the plan for the second floor. A first-floor half-bath was designed with aging-in-place in mind and can be easily altered to accommodate a wheelchair and walk-in shower if needed. The main floor also included a new laundry room that brings in plenty of light and is ideally located off the new mudroom. A new family room is a welcoming gathering spot with plenty of storage for the grandkids’ books and toys. But the main attraction is the kitchen. This sunny, spacious room is the heart of the home. Custom cabinetry, varied counter heights, a corner breakfast nook, counter seating, and a host of inventive details combine to create a place that celebrates a love of cooking, food, and family.
- Custom cabinetry throughout
- Varied counter heights provide ideal space for cooking prep, offer dimension in large space
- Breakfast nook with custom seating, creating visual connection to outdoor patio
- Updated appliances including washer, dryer, refrigerator and microwave.
- New island featuring a deep sink and Carrara Marble countertop, additional seating
- New main-floor bath, adjacent to mudroom, offers space to create larger, accessible bathroom if needed
- New second-floor master bath features walk-in shower and built-in cabinets to maximize space
- Remodeled second floor guest bathroom features new tile, fixtures, layout to maximize space
Laundry and Mudroom
- New laundry room features custom fold-out ironing board, retractable clothes-hanging pegs, custom cabinetry
- Mudroom features custom-built storage, slate floors for easy maintenance