Gracious gathering spot
For this busy family with two young children, their 1926 home was a beehive of activity. It was a gathering spot for neighborhood kids, friends, family and assorted pets. The kitchen was the center of the action. From meal preparations to kids grabbing snacks on the go and friends stopping by; there was constant traffic in these cramped quarters. It was time for a change.
We worked closely with the homeowners to assess their lifestyle and needs. The solution came in gutting the original kitchen space and building a 12’ x 20’, two-story addition. The new kitchen’s open floor plan offers multiple workspaces, ample storage, a variety of textured surfaces, and unique accents. We converted the original space into an attractive mudroom which provides additional storage. The custom cabinetry honors the home’s heritage, creating a warm, welcoming space that is now ideally suited to be the center of attention and activity.
- Custom cherry and maple cabinets throughout
- New eating nook for quick informal meals
- Radiant wood floors for chilly Minnesota winters
- Updated appliances including a Miele dishwasher, Thermador range, and two Sub-Zero refrigerators
- New island featuring a deep sink and Cambria countertop
- Custom retractable island “step stool” accommodates the youngest kitchen helpers