Reworked floorplan brings rewarding results
While this 1960’s rambler had many great qualities, the floorplan wasn’t one of them. The homeowners wanted a better flow between rooms and a layout that suited their lifestyle. Rethinking and reconfiguring the main floor did the trick. The first floor now features a welcoming mudroom with plenty of much-needed storage. A half-bath was added, and the stairway got an updated look. A new built-in pantry is adjacent to an expanded kitchen featuring a sizeable island, specialty tile, custom cabinetry, and creative storage solutions throughout. The kitchen now opens up to the family room, creating a better connection between the two high-traffic areas. The dining table was relocated to the spacious living room, and custom seating was added. Without adding any square footage, the homeowners now enjoy bright and inviting spaces that reflect their distinctly Scandinavian design sensibilities and go with the flow of their family.
Kitchen and Family Room
- Custom cabinetry and open shelving
- Custom hickory butcher block island countertop brings warm compliment to bright Delft tile used throughout kitchen
- Built-in pantry offers ample functional storage adjacent to kitchen
- Updated appliances including refrigerator, dishwasher, range, undercounter refrigerator and microwave.
- Custom-wood mantel, and black slate tile on fireplace in family room
- Specialty-designed wall pegs offer attractive feature and welcome function for front entry
- Custom-cabinetry features ample storage and organizational space, much hidden from view