Heart and home
The owners of this South Minneapolis Tudor loved their neighborhood but struggled with their home’s outdated layout. Their remodeling “wish list” included a spacious family room, a mudroom, an upstairs master bed/bathroom suite, and the key to any happy household —a new kitchen.
As part of a 750-square foot addition, the new kitchen floor plan created a cheery place to cook, eat, and socialize. The handsome custom cherry cabinets match the home’s Mission-style décor, and the custom vent hood creates a warm “hearth” over the distinctive tile behind the cooktop. An inventive cabinet “wrap” gracefully hides chimney brickwork and provides an ideal space for a spacious spice rack. For this family, the kitchen is now the hub of activity and the heart of their home.
- Open floor plan
- Custom cherry cabinets throughout
- Custom vent over stove, and “wrap” around home’s original chimney
- Three-tier cooking center with a warming drawer
- Sub-Zero refrigerator/freezer, and new appliances and fixtures throughout.
- Bronz Bordeaux granite counters and vintage style lighting
The Transformed Tree